Maintaining its functions under Section 12 (d)-(h) of the FICAC Promulgation, the Corruption Prevention Department being the proactive arm of the Commission is responsible for:
- Examining the practices and procedures of Government departments and public bodies in order to facilitate the discovery of corrupt practices;
- Instructing, advising and assisting any person, on the latter’s request, on ways in which corrupt practices may be eliminated by such person;
- Advising heads of Government departments or of public bodies of changes in practices or procedures compatible with the effective discharge of the duties of such departments or public bodies;
- Educating the public against the evils of corruption; and,
- Enlisting and fostering public support in combating corruption.