Our theme for 2009 is "Developing Institutional Excellence" Overall, institutional excellence requires high level of quality work in all facets of our organisation. With institutional excellence in place, FICAC will be recognised as a reputable organisation that will gain the respect of the people.
I take great pleasure in leading FICAC where our members enjoy being part of a great team focussed on getting the job done, and who are not afraid to meet a challenge of any kind. We are already a team of talented, skilled and enthusiastic people and I want to grow your talent over the coming years.
With this intent in mind, my priorities for 2009 are:
- Continue to eradicate corruption through enhanced investigative skills and knowledge
- Enhance our relationships with other relevant stakeholders through Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Professional development of staff through education and training
- Enhancing staff knowledge of the Promulgations
- Strengthen the prevention and public awareness programmes on anti-corruption
- Implementation of the FICAC Database
- Implementation of the FICAC Website
- Strengthen the information gathering system
- Implement the United Nations Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC) through consultancy process with UNODC
- Implement the FICAC Policy
- Establish a safe and secure communication link between the FICAC Regional Offices