The Fiji Independent Commission Against Corruption (‘FICAC’) is seeking to recruit the services of professional individuals to become members of a dynamic team and is inviting applications for the position of Investigators based at its Suva office:
VACANCY 06/2018 - INVESTIGATORS
Application Status: Closed
The Investigator will be responsible for analyzing records of cases assigned for investigation and provide report with recommendation on findings to Management
Reporting to the Team Leader - Investigations, the successful candidates will also be responsible for but not limited to the performance of the following duties:
- Work in multi-disciplinary investigative teams for larger investigations and employ covert investigation methodologies
- Conduct search warrants, collect evidence and ensure the handling of exhibits during an investigation and their disposal at the completion of an investigation is in accordance with Commission procedures
- Record statement of witnesses, carry out caution interview of suspects and provide report analysis on findings and recommendations
- Prepare affidavits and information for various warrants and execute search warrants, and serve notices/summons
- Prepare briefs of evidence for assessment by State Counsels
- May be required to give evidence in Court and tribunals
Knowledge & Experience
Extensive hands-on work experience of a minimum of 2 – 3 years in an investigation/auditing or a similar role
Applicants with University Degree in the following fields are encouraged to apply:
- Accounting & Economics
- Banking & Finance
- Fraud/Forensic Accounting
- Banking & Information Systems
Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Maintains clear and appropriate communications
- Ability to thoroughly scrutinize documents pertaining to cases allocated for investigation
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to maintain composure when under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadline
Salary will depend on qualification and previous work experience and in accordance with the Commission’s relevant salary grading.
Relevant experience and expertise will determine appointment in which an incoming/new Investigator may be appointed as an Assistant Investigator.
How to apply
1. APPLICANTS are required to complete the FICAC job application form available at the FICAC website link:
or visit any nearest FICAC Office to collect the form. A detailed CV and cover letter should accompany the application form.
2. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. We extend our appreciation to those applicants not short-listed for considering the Fiji Independent Commission Against Corruption (FICAC) as a potential employer
3. The successful candidates will be required to undergo police clearance and medical checks and make a declaration of their assets and other sources of income.
4. All applications addressed to the Deputy Commissioner for the Fiji Independent Commission Against Corruption, must be received 4pm on Friday, 11 January 2019 either by:
Reverend John Hunt House
Saint Fort Street
or Post to: PO Box 2335
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
Closing Date: Friday, 11 January 2019